Ayurvedic Organic Udvartana Scrub Powder - 500g
In Ayurveda, the use of powder made from herbs in a body massage is called Udvartana. The word "Udvartana" refers to elevation and upward strokes during massages. Before using our Udvartana powder, it is recommended to apply one of our herb infused oils on your skin.
According to your Ayurvedic body type we differentiate between a more oily Udvartana or a rather dry Udvartana for different imbalances.
Ayurveda says that an oily and gentle Udvartana may help improving skin texture, complexion, glow and tone of your skin.
A rather rough and stimulating Udvartana is known to be beneficial for reducing excess cellulite.
How to Use
For self-massage please gently heat up one of our high-quality Ayurveda Pura oils and apply on your body. Rub our Udvartana powder with maximum tolerable pressure and movements into your skin. If you have sensitive skin, mix the powder with warm oil to a smooth paste and apply the paste.
Please massage in direction from the feet to thigh, hands to shoulders and do circular movements in your abdomen area.
Rinse gently with warm water.
Our Purity Pledge
Special care and attention is taken to hand select our certified organic ingredients. Different from other brands on the market we source directly from organic farms from all over the world to source the highest quality ingredients. We ensure rigorous testing by experienced professionals for each specially formulated blend. We proudly endeavour to create authentic relationships with our customers by sourcing and producing products with such care.
Our Environmentally-friendly Packaging
Ayurveda Pura's environmentally conscious packaging is fully recyclable.
- Triphala is known as a key herbal preparation in Ayurveda to help to gently detox and cleanse the skin and leave the skin feeling smooth
- Indian Sandalwood has anti-microbial properties to cleanse the skin and prevent pimples, helps towards the fading of scars and soothes itching
- Rose is a natural skin rejuvenating plant. Its natural astringent and cooling properties help to cleanse and nourish the skin
- Manjistha is known in Ayurveda to help with blood cleansing and skin rejuvenating and can help to cool and reduce skin irritations
- China Clay can help to absorb out impurities from the skin, improve circulation to the skin, help to remove excess oil accumulation at dermal level and relieve skin blockages
- Brahmi is known for its nourishing and grounding qualities for the skin